After way too many hours of rewriting, I proudly present version 1.0 of G940 LED Control!
If you haven’t followed the development updates, here’s a short list of the new features:
- Multiple profiles
- Configurable colors for each state
- Automatically connects to the G940 and Flight Simulator X
A word of warning: with so many changes under the hood it’s likely that I broke something. I consider this version very much beta. I’m hoping to hear from you what works and what needs improvement. Version 0.6 is still available on the Download page if you want to go back to a more stable version.
The new main interface.
The new button configuration interface.
Get it from the download page!
Just a small update on v1.0, as I’m very excited to see the first functions actually working again. In the process a couple of features have been introduced:
- The Retry button is gone as it now detects when the G940 Throttle is plugged out and back in; the LEDs are immediately restored to the correct state.
- Connect/Disconnect buttons for Flight Simulator are gone for the same reason; the connection is automatically established as soon as Flight Simulator is launched.
- When changing a function it is applied as soon as the “Configure button” dialog is closed; no need to reconnect to Flight Simulator anymore.
So what’s left?
- Converting the remaining functions. At the moment I have only converted the Engine, Landing gear and all the lights functions (Landing lights, Nav lights, etc).
- Profile management (your current settings will be preserved of course)
- A few mandatory hours of flight testing.
A beta version will be available as soon as flight testing starts, so keep an eye out for it!
As promised, the first sneak preview of version 1.0. It is nowhere near finished, but with most of the work being invisible I thought I’d spend a few hours on getting a new button configuration interface working. This one demonstrates the configurable states:
This version fixes an issue with the Anti-ice function not working. It is now split into ‘Engine anti-ice’ and ‘De-ice’.
Get it from the download page!
G940 LED Control has grown quite a bit since I first decided to release it to the public, and the feedback has been amazing.
A few limitations have been bothering me though, so while the current 0.x line continues I’ve started work on version 1.0. I can’t say when it will be released, but I do plan to post updates as the work progresses.
As a teaser, here’s some features I have planned:
While I haven’t found a way yet to determine the state of the G940’s Mode Switch automatically, being able to quickly switch between profiles will make it easier.
In the 0.x versions, if you choose “Gear”, the LED colours are determined by G940 LED Control and can not be changed. In version 0.5, this led to two functions for the same state (auto-pilot); one for green/red, one for amber/off.
With configurable states you’ll be able to assign colours yourself. This means that you can set the gear’s “Retracted” state to Green instead of red, and the “Exceeded speed” state to Slow flashing green instead of flashing amber if you like.
I am very excited by the upcoming changes and I’d love to hear your feedback. Expect the first work-in-progress screenshots soon!